Savorish Issue 1

If you want to purchase a copy of our magazine.....

Savorish

By LASA EZINE

44 pages, published 13 DEC 2011

A magazine made by freshmen at the Liberal Arts and Science Academy about restaurants, recipes, and all things food-related in Austin, TX.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Foreign and Domestic: Can't Get Enough


Smoked Quail
Foreign and Domestic: the most interesting restaurant in town. Yes, it combines everything that it great about Austin culture. The menu changes every week, from liver to quail, it literally has everything. The food is prepared in the kitchen that can be seen from the tables (at least the indoor ones, they have a few outdoor tables in the summer as well). The food itself is good, but the ambiance and the sides are what really set this restaurant apart. The sauces are to die for, the perfect blend of spices and sweet flavor, and they are glazed over the most scrumptious sides. But, again, it is the ambiance of this restaurant that I truly love. “Hip” hardly describes the chairs and tables, and the walls are lines with the most interesting decorations. It is great! It all goes into the “vibe” of the restaurant.  It is a restaurant you just want to be in. Recently, I visited this restaurant and had the smoked quail. It isn’t an item you would find on an average menu. But the sauce blew me away. This was one of the instances where I literally cleaned my plate. Then I had desert—something that I would really recommend…chocolate cake…nom nom nom. I have never been so full in my life.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Foreign and Domestic! The chocolate cake IS amazing. Have you had the one with shoestring fries? 'Tis amazing. Good job, your blog is the best!
    -Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about this place...is the owner famous or something? Also, this sounds like a really great place; I'll definitely try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder what quail tastes like, foreign dishes can be very interesting.
    Elena A.

    ReplyDelete