Savorish Issue 1

If you want to purchase a copy of our magazine.....

Savorish

By LASA EZINE

44 pages, published 13 DEC 2011

A magazine made by freshmen at the Liberal Arts and Science Academy about restaurants, recipes, and all things food-related in Austin, TX.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Steeping Room: Restaurant and Tea Lounge


They have a sidewalk cafe
along with indoor seating!
The Steeping Room is a small cafe located in the Domain in North Austin. Their main attraction is the amazing variety of tea they offer. Even if you normally never drink tea, I would definitely suggest ordering a pot at the Steeping Room. I personally enjoy their fruity and black teas the best, but if oolong or green is your cup of tea, they have that as well (please pardon the pun, I just couldn’t resist). Also, they have several other tasty beverages if tea isn’t really your thing.

Specifically, I recommend The Empress’ Cup,a rose flavored tea which is absolutely divine. It really is fit for royalty. I also enjoy their Blueberry and Lychee teas.

The Steeping Room also serves breakfast in the mornings and brunch on Sundays. (I’ve never been for breakfast, but the menu looks awesome.) Also, they serve light snacks to be eaten with a cup of tea, and larger items for a full meal. And then of course, there are the sweet treats. The selection changes from day to day, but generally they have scones (delicious!), cookies, cakes and cupcakes. Everything is simply delicious!
Check out their tea listing, and the food menu for more info.


The Domain, as you might know, is a slightly upscale strip mall, so the Steeping Room attracts a very smart crowd. When headed to the Steeping Room, dress up a bit! Take some time out of your day to enjoy a relaxing cup of tea, and I promise, you will not regret it.

Scones. Yummmm.

4 comments:

  1. Never been here, but it sounds great, and you made me want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never known about this restaurant, but I always see it at the Domain! Glad to finally get some insight into what it's all about!

    -Frito Bandito

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMIGOSH I LOVE THE STEEPING ROOM! Their Kasbah Coolers are one of my favorite drinks.

    This is seriously one of my favorite blogas. Good work guys!!!
    -Katy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live 30 seconds away from the Domain! I can't believe that I haven't been to The Steeping Room yet. I'll need to go there this weekend.

    Minji Kim

    ReplyDelete